Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Truth only means something when it's hard to admit."

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't mean you love them any less. Sometimes it makes you love them even more."

Jonah: "- Do you want a cookie?
Ronnie: What?
Jonah: - A cookie. Like an Oreo. Do you want one?
Ronnie:- No.
-Jonah: How can you not want a cookie?
-Ronnie: I just don't.
- JonahL Okay, fine,let's say you did want a cookie. Let's say you were dying for a cookie, and there were cookies in the cupboard. What would you do?
-Ronnie: I'd eat a cookie?
-Jonah: Exactly. That's all I'm saying.
-Ronnie: What are you saying?
- Jonah: That if people want cookies, they should get a cookie. It's what people do.
- Ronnie: Let me guess. Dad won't let you have a
cookie?
-Jonah: No. Even though I'm practically starving to death, he won't even consider it. He says I have to have a sandwich first.
- Ronnie: And you don't think that's fair.
- jonah: You just said you'd get a cookie if you wanted one. So why can't I? I'm not a little kid. I can make my own decisions.
- Ronnie: Hmm. I can see why this bothers you so
much.
- Jonah: It's not fair. If he wants a cookie, he can have one. If you want a cookie,
you can have one. But if I want a cookie, the rules don't count. Like you
said, it's not fair.
-Ronnie: So what are you going to do?
- Jonah: I'm going to eat a sandwich. Because I have to. Because the world isn't fair to ten-year-olds."


"Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile."

No comments:

Post a Comment