Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love,
but that doesn't make you love them any less.
Sometimes it makes you love them more."
- The Last Song

I want sunshine, and beach hair, and the smell of coconuts and salt water and sand all over. I wanna drive 90 with all the windows down, and float in the pool. I wanna party with my best friends. I wanna watch fireworks and lie on the front lawn looking at the stars. I want an adventure every day. I want the morning after around a kitchen table, laughing about the night before, I want the next day with my friends on the front porch. I want SUMMER.

The best things in life: Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you, waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep, first kisses, making new friends and spending time with the old ones, singing in the bathroom, sweet dreams, hot chocolate, making brownies and cookies, holding hands with someone you care about, watching a sunset, sleeping in, taking long hot showers, Starbucks, and knowing that somebody misses you.

Happiness is only real when shared.

Stop acting like if you walked out of my life today, I would just be able to pick up the pieces & move on. Stop acting like you don't know that you have total & absolute control over my heart. And most of all, stop acting like you're oblivious to the fact that from the day we laid eyes on each other, we both knew nothing would ever be the same.

Often, I think about the people who’ve walked away or drifted apart and it makes me really sad. So most times, I force myself to not think of it, and convince myself that there’s a reason why they’re not in my life now.

I used to be such a burning example. I used to be so original. I used to care I was being cared for. Made sure I showed it to those that I love. I used to pray like God was listening. I used to make my parents proud. I was the glue that kept my friends together. Now they don't talk and we don't go out. I used to know the name of every person I'd kissed. Now I made this bed and I can't fall asleep in it.

You are going to lose people in your life. & I realize that no matter how much time you spent with them, or how much you appreciated them and told them so, it will never seem like it was enough.


when people walk away from you, let them walk. don't try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, & caring for you. when people walk away from you, let them walk. your destiny is never tied to anyone that left.

Because one day, I'm going to tell him how he drove me right into your arms. And that. It's going to kill him.


No comments:

Post a Comment