Saturday, November 20, 2010

throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

You know that feeling? That feeling as if youre on top of the world? The feeling you get after your first date. The feeling you get after you laugh with your best friend. The feeling you get when meeting your idol. That’s how life should feel everyday

Everything that happens to us, the good and the bad, is part of us. It took me a long time to realize that it doesn't have to define who we are. We get to decide.
[CSI]

So, we'll go our own ways, and hopefully you'll remember the things I've told you. Hopefully you'll understand that everything I said was in sincerity. A broken heart is not what I wanted from this, but I guess I've learned from it. But aren't you supposed to learn from your mistakes? I don't consider this a mistake, I just wish the story didn't end this way, cause I'm still in love with the person who helped me write it.

I traced our names on a foggy window, and I watched them fade away, just like we did.

I have someone who is protective, stable, strong, loving, kind, funny, and reliable. He’s everything any girl could ever ask for, and probably more than most girls ever dream of having in their life. But I’m in love with someone else. Someone who I’m not sure is any of those things, someone who I’m not even sure feels the same way. But the only difference is that I am truly in love with him.

I guess, if anything, it's about taking chances, even when you think you're all out of chances. It's about giving forgiveness and unconditional love, even when it seems like you should only do the opposite. It's about trusting that God puts people in your life at certain moments so that you can capitalize the opportunity. It's all about the possibility. It's all about what you do with those possibilities. Life is short, but it moves so fast. Hang on and enjoy the ride. And when someone comes along with whom you enjoy spending the ride with, hold on tight.

I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy. You know, we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that fixes everything. But happiness is a mood and a condition, it’s not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry; it’s not permanent, it comes and goes, and that’s okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness a lot more often.
[One Tree Hill]

Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall.

Teenage passion. Childhood Sweethearts. Schoolgirl Crush. College Romance. The first person you gave a part of you too, be it your heart, or all of your emotions. Holding hands, butterflies and stolen glances. Don't forget your first love, they either make you or break you, and either way they made you strong. They set your standard of love, and possibly always will.

stars make me smile, because every time i see one i feel hope. hope that tomorrow is a new day with a new feeling. that something different, better, is out there waiting. everyone wishes on stars with the same hope.

Life changes. You get it all lined up just the way you like it and then something beyond your control comes along and bumps your off center. How nice it would be if you could get everything just the way you want it and say “okay, now.. stay!”. But nothing stays the same. You grow up, make friends, lose friends, go to college, lose track of people, meet new ones and sometimes you ask yourself why. But all I can tell you is that every single experience you go through changed you in some way. Every new person who comes into your life changes you. Every moral dilemma or emotional experience you come up against changes you. It’s your job to decide how.

Beauty comes from a life well lived. If you've lived well, your smile lines are in the right places, and your frown lines aren't too bad, what more do you need?
- Jennifer Garner

Amanda :) fifteen going on twenty. i love me some inspiring quotes & graphics. the ones that really touch you, or that you can relate to. or even ones that make you think. i live in the past, and i know i'm not easy to understand. i keep a lot inside, and i'm also not the easiest person to read. that's okay because even though there is a lot about me you will never know, there's surely a hell of a lot about me that you can learn to love. i hope this is enough to make the scroll box scroll. yeah, i'm pretty down to earth.

You spend a long enough time with someone and your bodies memorize each other.. the warmth of your back, the pace of your heartbeat, your tickly eyelashes and the way your fingers would curl in sequence when I used to play with your palm. Another person is like moving to a new country where you don’t know the language. It's a scary thing.

I believe in being strong,
when everything seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes.
I've felt the fire and I've been burned,
but I wouldn't trade the pain for what I've learned.

The greatest love story ever told,
is your own.
Letters to Juliet

The best love is the kind that
awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me.
That's what I'd hoped to give you forever.
The Notebook

I wanted a perfect ending.
Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end.
Life is about not knowing, having to change,
taking the moment and making the best of it,
without knowing what’s going to happen next.
Gilda Radner

Never bend your head. Always hold it high.
Look the world straight in the eye.
Helen Keller

So sometimes it might hurt,
so you probably will cry,
but the worst pain of all,
is not giving love a try.

My boyfriend John. He may not be an actual "Super Hero", but he should be. He saved me from making so many mistakes. Whenever I need encouragement, he's there. Whenever I need anything, he's there. He brings me soup when I'm sick. He gives me flowers after I've had a long stress-filled week. He helps me with my homework, and comforts me when I'm feeling down. I'm so grateful to have someone like him in my life. He saved me from becoming majorly depressed after my mother passed away. I really feel like he came into my life at that time for a reason. I know he'll always be there for me, even if we were to breakup. That means more to me than anything in the world. I know this seems like anything a love-stricken teenage girl would write, but with John it's different. He can make me go from being cranky and moody to laughing till I cry and snort, and yes, I said snort. I just can't put it into words how much he means to me, and I hope and pray that we stay together for a long time <3.

You have a purpose. And I know you are young, but you really are meant to do something with your life. You may not realize it yet, but whatever happens now, no matter how difficult, things will be okay, and tomorrow will be better.
Melissa Ann Hoply

If you don't like the road you're walking,
start paving another one.
Dolly Parton

"Living might mean taking chances, but they're worth taking.
Loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making."
"I Hope You Dance" Leanne Womack

Lightning doesn't often strike twice. It's a once in a lifetime thing. Even if it feels like the shock is coming over and over again. Eventually the pain will go away, the shock will wear off. And you start to heal yourself. To recover from something you never saw coming. But, sometimes the odds are in your favor. If you're in just the right place at just the right time you can take a helluva hit. And still have a shot at surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment