Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget.

Because sometimes it’s easier to say, “I hate you,” than “I miss you, I wish we didn’t fight; I wish you would call me sometimes.” Because sometimes, it’s easier to think, screw life, screw work, screw everything, than admit that you’re overwhelmed and feel like you’re drowning. Because sometimes, it’s easier to admit the simple things than say the hard things and realize how much you’ve been struggling and how much you feel as if life has gone out of your control. things are just not meant to last forever. it might hurt to lose people, but maybe they just weren't supposed to stay. maybe the impact they have on your life is greater because they're gone. it gets tough, but life will give you a lot of people who are meant to stay, and even more who are not.

The only reason we hold back is because we think we have an endless amount of chances or that there will always be one more, but as time disappears into the past and life goes on, those chances will run out and you'll either live with eternal happiness for being brave, or eternal regret for holding back.

And I got so backwards, trying to make myself matter to him. All this time, there were real things to care about: real, good people who care about me and this place. It's so easy to get stuck. You just get caught up in being something, being special or cool or whatever, to the point where you don't even know why you need it; you just think you do.

Could it get any better?

I want people to feel an immediate happiness and cheerfulness when they are around me, to make a difference in someone’s life. I want to make an impression in someone’s life, so that even though I may be delicate and fragile, my footprints are permanent within the hearts of the ones I’ve touched

life is too short to be anything but happy.

5 Positive Thoughts:
1. Enjoy being alive. There's plenty of time to be dead.
2. Sometimes, nobody really cares if you are miserable, so you might as well be happy.
3. If you can't solve it, it's not a problem, it's reality.
4. Happiness is like perfume; you can't pour on others without getting few drops on yourself.
5. If all good things must come to an end, then don't worry. All bad things will eventually end too.

I guess the real fact of the matter is,
we don't know what tomorrow's going to bring.
And the only thing we really have is now. So, don't stay mad for too long.
Learn to forgive. Love with all your heart. Stay up all night. Have fun.
Live your life the way you want to live it.
Don't worry about people that don't like you. Enjoy the ones who do.
Have a crush. Kiss a boy.
Just live life the way you want & you'll be happy with & don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong.

i never thought I'd hear myself saying this,
but thank you. because if you hadn't of
come along, i never would have learned
that my worst day could also have been
my best. because when a heart breaks,
it also opens; and once a heart opens any
number of things can happen, and some of
them can be wonderful.


Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.


Live life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.



I just wish I could tell you all the things I love about you. I love how dedicated you are and how no matter what's thrown at you, you don't give up. I love your smile. I love how no matter the amount of stupid things I do or say to you, you still want to be my friend. I love that you're not superficial and although you're pretty "popular" around school, you still hang around me. I love the close relationship you have with your sister and I love how happy you are when you get a new girlfriend. I love how well you treat her and I love how if I need you, I know I can count on you. I think these are all the reasons I love you so much. And these are also the reasons why I can't hate you or get over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment